1. We communicate directly with the Team Captain, they are responsible for ensuring that all tournament communication reaches the team players. It is essential that the team captain has access the their registered email address and any platforms (e.g. Discord) specified by the tournament organisers.
2. All matches are played as in 5v5 matches with ONLY registered players, if your team is a player-short on game-day you will need to compete WITHOUT a fill-in.
3. In Physical tournaments there are to be no remote-players in teams that are on-site. (Interstate teams/schools may request an exemption from this requirement on an individual basis)
4. A round consists of three games, played in the following order:
5. A coin-toss / Paper-Scissors-Rock is used to decide which team picks first. The team losing the coin-toss is allowed to ban 1 assault stage.
6. The following two maps are chosen by the losing team of the match prior (e.g. The losing assault team picks the Control map).
7. As per Rule 5, the team who are not picking the map are afforded a 1 map ban.
8. Hardware: We provide Keyboard/Mouse/Headset when available. You are encouraged to bring your own hardware if preferred. We DO NOT have Bluetooth enabled, so bring a USB cable if you wish to use a controller.
Set-up and login time is limited to 5 minutes, so ensure that you have all of your key-binds, 2-factor authentication and hardware ready to roll.
9. Macros: Single-Key Macros are allowed, multi-key sequencing and macros such as scroll-gliding are forbidden. If you are unsure, it’s probably banned. 🙂
10. Technical Support: We cannot offer technical support on personal hardware, if it does not function you will need to use the provided hardware.
11. Role lock has been introduced as of H.4, teams are to follow the 2-2-2 role lock as per the professional Overwatch Tournament competition format.